Monday, February 23, 2009

Swim Lessons

Poor Eli, he REALLY hates swim lessons. I kept thinking they would get better, but it just keeps getting worse. The mean mom in me secretly thinks it's a little funny how he sits on the side of pool with his pathetic looking expression. Every time we leave the class he tells me that "he NEVER wants to do that again!". Anyway, today I thought I would share some pictures from the very traumatic experience...


Feeling optimistc before they start, even giving me a thumbs up!

Wait a minute, you don't think I am going in there, do you?


Waiting his turn, so skinny and cold


This is pretty much the facial expression he keeps during the whole class, well except for when it's his turn and then he is screaming "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" and crying at the top of lungs



Begging me to get out...

"I can't take this anymore!"

Class almost over, eyes all puffy and red. Poor boy :(

Before we even left the pool, he started telling me the same thing that he does every week...


6 comments:

thefourofus said...

Lacey...I am laughing so hard ~ I think I remember mom doing the same thing to us! Poor Eli...he is going to grow up HATING water! You just wait and see!

Corinne Mattson said...

I love your blog Lacey - I added you to my list so I can check you guys out!! Looks like you are all well - the boys are so grown-up and handsome!! I gotta run, Connor is screaming at me. Take care and keep in touch!!
Corinne

butchers said...

We laughed so hard at the play by play photos! Poor Eli...I love the "No, not never again!"

Joanne said...

Oh that breaks my heart and cracks me up at the same time! So sweet!

priechenfried said...

HAHAH So funny and cute, don't worry he love it in no time! Nate gives me the thumbs up all the time, I love it!!!!!

Shape Up With Cindy said...

LMAO Lacey! That's hilarious... but know that peer pressure at the neighborhood pool will most definately get him in there with the rest of the kids... He won't hate swimming FOREVER... just for now... Hope you are well... I miss ya! Do we need to "reconvene" at Cardinal soon?!?!? Let's get Jen involved with that!!! :) Cindy