Monday, January 11, 2010

Millie...1 month


I can't believe it, but Millie is already 1 month old. Whew, having a December baby is rough...I should know since I have done it twice now. It's like things never slow down and your life is in constant crazy mode for the first few weeks. So anyway, I am very happy to have things slow down a bit around here. The boys are back to preschool, which is always nice and I am finally enjoying some quiet days with Millie.

We had her 1 month check up today and my suspicions were confirmed...she is a chunk! She weighed in at 9lbs, 8oz...which is up 3lbs since her last appt 3 weeks ago. She went from less than 10th percentile to 55th percentile in weight in 3 weeks. I seriously don't know what I will do if I actually have a "good eater" for a child! She is still up a lot at night, but I am starting to get at least one 4-5 hour span of sleep from her. The pediatrician seemed very happy/surprised by this...which was a little discouraging to me...I thought she might be sleeping thru the night by now! lol
Here is a picture from bathtime, which is NOT one of her (or my) favorite times. Trying to bathe a newborn with a 4 and 5 year old hovering over you the entire time is just not fun for anyone. I think I have set a record with how fast I can get in and out of that tub...and almost every time at least 2 out 3 kids end up crying!

2 comments:

butchers said...

I really can't wait to see her. How did one month go by so quickly? Glad to hear things are slowing down and you are getting to enjoy some "you and her" time! She is so pretty!!

thefourofus said...

She is a chunky monkey!! I love it!! I can't wait to see her again, soon, I hope. Enjoy the baby phase...you and I both know it does not last long...