Friday, October 3, 2008

Growing Boys...




I was the mommy helper in Caden's preschool class this week and it was so cute. I can't believe more mature kids act when they around their peers. Caden was so cute with his little friends! The boys are growing so quickly and I am trying hard to remember all the funny things they say throughout the day. I wanted to write down just a few so they will stay in my memory...

Last week Caden's teacher talked to class about how it is important to use people's names only and not bad words...they have been having a lot of name calling (poopy head, stinky feet, doodoo brain (my personal favorite). Anyway, that afternoon I heard the boys up in the playroom talking and Eli must have used one of the prohibited words, because I heard Caden tell him "you know Eli, God hears you when you talk and he doesn't like words like that". Of course, Eli then proceeded to ask Caden about 100 times "why God hear me?, why God hear me?, why God hear me?". Finally, Caden was frustrated with the questions and said "oh, nevermind".

Another funny story, coming home from swim lessons the other night we were discussing the different things grown ups can do and kids cannot (drive the truck, sit in the front seat, drink soda pop from McDonalds, sleep in daddy's bed, etc). This conversation led us to talking about what they wanted to be when they grow up. Without one bit of prompting...they both knew instantly what they wanted to be. For some reason I don't think they will surprise you! Caden wants to be a school bus driver and he MIGHT let Eli ride, he wasn't sure about that. And, Eli wants to be a doctor like Daddy.






1 comment:

thefourofus said...

Hilarious Lacey!! I can just hear Eli saying "why God hear me?" Sounds like you've found a great preschool teaching good principles...its so very important they get it at school and at home. I am realizing that more and more. And why in the heck are you blogging at 5:30 a.m.????