Wednesday, December 9, 2009

She is here!

Jerome and I in the triage area...let's get this show started!
Mom & I before heading back to the operating room...







I am sure that almost everyone that checks this blog has already heard the news via email, facebook, etc...but just in case, our little Millie is here! She was born yesterday at 11:11 a.m. and weighed 6lbs, 9oz and was 19 inches long. Grandma & Grandpa Ringger were down here for my surgery, and Grandma even got to come into the operating room again with Jerome and I. Her full name is Amelia Ann Adams and as you see from the pictures has a TON of black hair. She is such a little sweetie, and most people say they see a little bit of each of the boys in her. Besides the Ringger upper lip though, I just don't see it. Everytime they bring her to me I am just shocked by that black hair! It is so stinkin' cute though.

I have been feeling great...I think I must have got the "hubby works here" hook up because really have not had that much pain yet. After a rough start with breastfeeding, she is getting much better today. If all continues to go well, we will be going home on Friday afternoon. I am trying to enjoy my "hospital vacation" and just focusing on relaxing and enjoying the one on one time with her. The poor thing has no idea what she is in store for when she gets home to her big brothers! LOL They boys, by the way, are having a great time up at Grandma & Grandpa Ringgers. I talked to them last night and they said that they think she looks like Grandpa Ringger and that she is cute.
I am just so thankful to God for our entire family and especially my new shopping partner! (just kidding Jerome!). Thank you to everyone for all the thoughts & prayers.

Love you,
Lacey, Jerome, Caden, Eli & Amelia

3 comments:

butchers said...

I love the last photo of her. So peaceful with a beautiful complexion. I can't wait to hold her! She is going to make Stella look like a giant! It will be amazing to see how dark Amelia looks and how light Stella will look side by side...can't wait!! Love you!

thefourofus said...

So exciting - I am smiling ear to ear reading your blog. You will have so much fun with her in the years to come -guaranteed!

Grandma Ringger said...

MORE, MORE, MORE!! GRANDMA NEEDS MORE PICS!
XOXO