Friday, December 26, 2008

Whew...is it really over?

I can't believe Christmas is actually over. We had SUCH a fun day that it seemed to fly by. It started with Grandma & Grandpa Ringger coming down on Christmas Eve. We surprised them with the fact that Eli was sick and that Jerome and I were going to church and leaving the kids with them. LOL After we got home from church, we put on their new Christmas PJs, sprinkled some Reindeer food for Rudolph, put out some famous Grandma Ringger cookies for Santa and turned off the fireplace so he could make his grand entrance.

I think I was more excited than the kids. I was awake at 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I think Dad & I paced around all morning waiting for the kids to wake up! Finally, the boys were up and after groggily singing happy birthday to Jesus they started to tear into their gifts. I think the favorites were their remote control racecars...however getting them to run was not an easy task. Dad & Jerome worked on them for 30 minutes with no success, but it took me 2 seconds to read the instructions and realize that they didn't have enough batteries in them (there was a second compartment that was not obvious). Mom and I got a good laugh out of that one! LOL

Anyway, the boys had a fun and relaxing day playing with their toys and hanging with Grandma and Grandpa. I am so glad we still have the Ringger Christmas on Saturday because it makes the "day after Christmas" not seem so gloomy! So I guess, it's not really over yet! whoo hooo!


New Christmas PJ's...I actually think Eli was smiling here, although he appears on the verge of a meltdown. Give him a break, he between 101-103 fever all day!



Spreading the Reindeer Food out front...


Grandpa working on the Race Car...what the %$#% is going on with this thing??



Cereal in my new Lightning McQueen bowl...













2 comments:

thefourofus said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! How is poor Eli feeling? Another earache perhaps? I have FORCED my girls to take naps each day just to keep them healthy...fingers crossed....See you Saturday!

butchers said...

What a fun morning! I bet they loved their race cars. And I am sure Eli wanted his to go "really fast"!

See you all Saturday!